Woods says `fried chicken` feud with Garcia `done with`
New York: World No.1 Tiger Woods has played down the rift between him and Sergio Garcia, saying that their recent feud has been ``done with``.
Garcia, who last week used a racially-insensitive ``fried chicken`` joke in reference to Woods and quickly apologized in public, said he planned to apologize to Woods in person.
Speaking publicly for the first time since the Garcia comments, Woods said that he is not surprised by the feud as such disagreements have happened with him in his entire career, adding that the undercurrent of racism remains exists all around the world, not just in the sport of golf.
After being in the PGA Tour spotlight for some 17 years, Woods said that he is happy that a lot of people are trying to make a difference and make the sport fairer for people like him.
It has been a year of controversy in golf, with the Woods rules infraction issue at the Masters, the Woods-Garcia showdown and Garcia``s subsequent banquet comments, Rory McIlroy`s struggles since his change to Nike equipment, Vijay Singh``s lawsuit against the PGA Tour and the USGA and R&A banning of the anchored putter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video