Woods says was tested for drugs five times in 2013
Edinburgh: World number one Tiger Woods has claimed that he might have been tested for drugs five times this year, adding that it is the usual number for most golfers.
Woods` statement came after claims made by Fijian golfer Vijay Singh`s attorney, in Singh`s lawsuit against the Tour, that the US circuit has made `exception after exception` in the administration of its anti-doping policy and disciplinary action against players.
According to The Scotsman, Woods, who is playing in the Turkish Airlines Open, however, defended the US PGA Tour, saying that golfers get regularly tested for drugs throughout the year, adding that he might have been tested five times in 2013.
Agreeing with Woods, US Open champion Justin Rose also said that he too has been tested on the PGA Tour, although he added that he has never been tested on the European Tour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt