Woods set to sign new Nike deal bigger than McIlroy`s 10 mln pound-contract
London: World No. 1 Tiger Woods is set to sign a new deal with Nike, which will be worth more than Rory McIlroy`s 10 million pounds-a-year contract.
Woods, who first signed for Nike in 1996, is in the final year of his current seven-year deal, which is worth 140 million dollars.
According to the American`s agent Mark Steinberg, the new `multi-year deal` would help Woods to retain his position as the golf`s top paid player.
Steinberg further said that it is just a matter of time for the announcement to come out, adding that he is confident that Woods will be with Nike for his entire career.
Earlier this year, McIlroy agreed to a 10-year- deal with Nike, which is estimated to be worth 100 million pounds.
Meanwhile, commentator and Woods` former coach Butch Harmon has quit Twitter after a comment he wrote about his student Nick Watney having some `personal problems` when he missed the cut at the Memorial last Friday.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India