Woods silent on Muirfield policy restricting women members
Edinburgh: American golfer Tiger Woods has refused to comment on the controversy surrounding Muirfield`s men-only membership policy, with it being one of the three courses on the Open rota not to allow women members.
According to The Scotsman, Woods said that he was not the one who made the policies and was not a member to be able to speak for the club.
Scotland`s First Minister Alex Salmond is among the political people, who have said they will not attend the event in protest, describing the policy as `indefensible in the 21st century,` the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda