Woods `still uncertain` of playing at Masters despite `rest, treatment` for back spasms
Johannesburg: World number one Tiger Woods has admitted that he is still uncertain whether he would be able to play in the Masters despite two weeks of rest and treatment for back spasms.
The 14-time Major champion withdrew from the Arnold Palmer Invitational at Bay Hill, where he has won eight times including last year, due to nagging back pain and also pulled out of the final round of the Honda Classic the week before.
According to Sport24, the American, who had struggled to a 78 in the final round of the World Golf Championships event at Doral earlier this month, remains in doubt for the Masters from April 10-13 even with a potential four weeks of rest for his aching back, a year after he won five tournaments and appeared set for a solid run in the majors in 2014.
Stating that it is a `little to soon` to confirm for the event at the Augusta National Golf Club, Woods said that he had a couple of weeks off getting treatment and working on getting himself ready for the tournament, although he is frustrated at not being able to confirm anything yet.
Reports claimed that Woods was suffering from a bulging disc but it would not require surgery.
Any operation might jeopardize Woods beyond the Masters in a year where the other majors are played on courses where he has won, Valhalla for the PGA Championship and Hoylake for the British Open, or finished second, with the US Open at Pinehurst, where he was the 2005 US Open runner-up, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets