Zambia wins Golf Challenge Championship
Lusaka: Zambian female golfers emerged winners of the East and Central All Africa Golf Challenge Championship after overcoming former champions Tanzania by 33 shots in a tightly contested tournament here Wednesday.
The tournament, which started Sunday, came to a photo finish Tuesday with Zambian golfers, who under-performed on the third and final days, still better than their other contenders and also benefited from a thick points cushion accumulated in the first two days.
Hosts Zambia shot 240 during the last day for a final tally of 717 while Tanzania settled for second after scoring 248 to finish on 750. Uganda finished third on 767, followed by Kenya with 835, Reunion with 857 and Malawi on 887.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert