Factfile: Men`s hockey Olympic qualifier
New Delhi: The following is the factfile of the 2012 hockey men`s Olympic qualifier to be held at the Major Dhyan Chand National Stadium here from Feb 18-26.
Average age of players: 24.8 years
Youngest team: Singapore (21)
Indian team`s average age: 23
Oldest team: Canada (27)
Oldest player: Italian Agustin Nunez (39)
Youngest player: Muhammad Shafiq Abdul Rashid (Singapore, 18)
Youngest Indian player: Uthappa Sannuvanda Kushalappa (18), two days younger than Abdul Rashid
Number of teenagers: 14 (3 for France, 3 for India, 8 for Singapore)
Average number of international caps: 70
Team with least international experience: Italy (average 21 international caps)
Most experienced team: Canada (average of 109 international caps)
Average for India: 84 international caps
Most capped player: Ken Pereira (Canada, 342 caps)
Highest Indian capped player: Ignace Tirkey (236 caps)
Number of players who played in Olympics: 8 (6 Canadians, 2 Indians)
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?