Factfile: Men`s hockey Olympic qualifier
New Delhi: The following is the factfile of the 2012 hockey men`s Olympic qualifier to be held at the Major Dhyan Chand National Stadium here from Feb 18-26.
Average age of players: 24.8 years
Youngest team: Singapore (21)
Indian team`s average age: 23
Oldest team: Canada (27)
Oldest player: Italian Agustin Nunez (39)
Youngest player: Muhammad Shafiq Abdul Rashid (Singapore, 18)
Youngest Indian player: Uthappa Sannuvanda Kushalappa (18), two days younger than Abdul Rashid
Number of teenagers: 14 (3 for France, 3 for India, 8 for Singapore)
Average number of international caps: 70
Team with least international experience: Italy (average 21 international caps)
Most experienced team: Canada (average of 109 international caps)
Average for India: 84 international caps
Most capped player: Ken Pereira (Canada, 342 caps)
Highest Indian capped player: Ignace Tirkey (236 caps)
Number of players who played in Olympics: 8 (6 Canadians, 2 Indians)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble