Haryana CM announces cash rewards for hockey players
Chandigarh: Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Sunday congratulated the Indian men`s hockey team for qualifying for London Olympics and announced cash rewards for the players.
India thrashed France 8-1 in the qualification tournament in New Delhi to book an Olympics berth after missing out the 2008 Beijing edition.
The Chief Minister said that the bonanza of cash rewards would include Rs five lakh per goal scored by each player from Haryana in today`s final match.
Similarly, for other matches in the tournament, Rs one lakh per goal would be given to players from Haryana. In addition, Rs 11 lakh per player would be given to each player hailing from Haryana.
Hooda also announced to give Rs 2.5 lakh to each player of Indian team, irrespective of the state to which he belongs.
Sandeep Singh, who scored five goals in the final, would get Rs 25 lakh. In other matches Sandeep Singh has scored 11 goals for which he would get Rs one lakh per goal.
The Chief Minister also wished the team all success in the London Olympics.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Karan Singh Grover had a great time at 'The Kapil Sharma Show', wants to visit again!
- Delhi L-G Najeeb Jung refuses AAP govt’s proposed app-based premium bus service scheme
- Final phase of Q4 results, progress of monsoon to guide market
- Attention tax evaders: From June 1, declare black money and come clean or else....
- Saqib Saleem all praises for Radhika Apte's 'knockout performance' in 'Phobia'!