Madhya Pradesh announces Rs.100,000 each for Indian hockey team
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Monday announced an award of Rs.100,000 to each member of the Indian hockey team that has booked a passage to the 2012 London Olympics.
Congratulating the team for its mesmerising, speedy and artistic display in the 8-1 win against France in the finals of the Olympic qualifiers in New Delhi on Sunday night, Chouhan hoped this would continue at the Games in July.
"India has crossed the qualifying stage readying to regain the glory of Indian hockey. The fantastic victory will boost the confidence of players and further improve their performance," the chief minister said.
He also congratulated Sandeep Singh, Sunil and Vimal Lakra for their excellent performance in the finals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read