Madhya Pradesh announces Rs.100,000 each for Indian hockey team
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Monday announced an award of Rs.100,000 to each member of the Indian hockey team that has booked a passage to the 2012 London Olympics.
Congratulating the team for its mesmerising, speedy and artistic display in the 8-1 win against France in the finals of the Olympic qualifiers in New Delhi on Sunday night, Chouhan hoped this would continue at the Games in July.
"India has crossed the qualifying stage readying to regain the glory of Indian hockey. The fantastic victory will boost the confidence of players and further improve their performance," the chief minister said.
He also congratulated Sandeep Singh, Sunil and Vimal Lakra for their excellent performance in the finals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Do you know traffic jams can make your body susceptible to cancer? - Read
- Taliban fighters overrun district in eastern Afghanistan
- Sports recap: Five stories that grabbed the headlines this week
- Arun Jaitley's non-participation in SAARC won't matter, says Pak minister — Know what he said
- Live cricket score, live streaming: 2nd ODI - England v Pakistan at Lord's