Need to work on our finishing: Nobbs
New Delhi: India hockey coach Michael Nobbs was quite satisfied with his team`s 3-2 victory over Canada in the London Olympics qualifiers but said the his boys need to work more on their finishing.
"We played pretty well considering the opposition. Statistically, we penetrated into rival defence about 30 to 40 times in comparision to Canada who just had two shots at the goal and earned two penalty corners. So, I am personally happy. We were rushing through a little and didn`t finish as well we wanted. We had our chances and could have sealed the match much earlier," he said.
With today`s win, India are virtually in the finals and Nobbs said he would employ a different strategy.
"It doesn`t matter who we meet in the final, we have to win to be in London and we will try to employ a different strategy in the finals," he said.
Asked about their next match against Poland, Nobbs said: "We would like to experiment a bit against Poland. I don`t know how the match would pan out. It depends on how they play, I don`t see them making the finals but of course, I can be wrong."
About Yuvraj Walmiki`s injury status, the coach said a clearer picture will emerge tomorrow.
"He complained of pain and it was an hamstring injury. We did the MRI and CT Scan but nothing conclusive so far, we will only know tomorrow," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation Part II
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!