Nobbs gets a salary hike after Team India`s good show
New Delhi: Sports Ministry on Monday rewarded hockey coach Michael Nobbs for guiding India to victory in the London Olympics Qualifiers by raising his salary by 1000 Australian dollars with immediate effect.
Under Nobbs guidance, Indian men`s team qualified for the Olympics after it trounced France 8-1 in the final last night.
The Australian would now get 11,000 Australian Dollars per month.
"The orders to this effect have been issued by the Sports Authority of India today," a Sports Ministry release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- In two years Tripura-Assam border with Bangladesh to be totally sealed: Secretary BM
- PM Modi to launch Smart City projects in Pune today
- 'Mirzya': Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra thanks Salman Khan, sends best wishes for 'Sultan'
- Zardari urges US to support sale of F-16 jets to Pakistan
- Gulbarga ragging case: 3 arrested, 2 sent to 14-day judicial custody