Sandeep, Sardar sign 2-year deal with IOS
New Delhi: Star Indian drag-flicker Sandeep Singh and mid-fielder Sardar Singh have signed a two-year contract with sports management group, IOS Sports and Entertainment (P) Limited, which will look after the duo`s endorsements and all media activities.
As per the contract, IOS will coordinate Sandeep and Sardar`s endorsement deals, media activities, rights and brand management.
Sandeep stole the limelight in the just-concluded Olympic qualifiers here, and emerged as the highest scorer with 16 goals. The lanky drag-flicker alone slammed five goals, including a hat-trick, in the final last night to book India`s London ticket.
India`s vice-captain and stand-in skipper in the final on Sunday, Sardar was the mid-field pivot and he was adjudged the player-of-the-tournament.
Speaking about the deal, Sandeep said, "Indian hockey is moving in the right direction and is re-emerging as a powerful force in world hockey.
"The entire team is united in working towards a medal at the London Olympics. I am delighted to join hands with IOS who are the only ones to have made a concerted effort to promote sports other than cricket in India."
Sardar said, "We have worked very hard over the past few years to build a strong team and the Olympic berth did justice to our work. At this important stage in my career, I am delighted to enter into this association with IOS."
IOS currently represents five-time world boxing champion MC Mary Kom, ace golfer Jyoti Randhawa, squash champion Saurav Ghosal.
The company has previously managed Olympic medalist Sushil Kumar and was singularly responsible for identifying and promoting Vijender Singh on his route to Olympic glory.
"We are extremely pleased to have entered into this association with athletes of the caliber of Sandeep and Sardar," said Neerav Tomar, managing director and CEO of IOS.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa