Sports Ministry spends 18.09 crore on hockey for Olympics
New Delhi: The Sports Ministry has incurred a total amount of Rs. 18.09 crore on providing training and foreign exposure to Indian men`s and women`s hockey teams since March last year for the preparation of the London Olympics.
Out of Rs. 9.86 crore spent on the men`s team, approximately Rs 5.53 crore was used up on giving foreign exposures, while almost Rs. 3.25 crore was exhausted on coaching camps.
From the initial strength of the men`s team of 48 players, six coaches and six support staff, the present day strength of the Indian side is 32 Players, seven coaches and nine support staff.
So far six coaching camps of a total duration of 185 days have been organised since March 2011 with almost Rs. 0.17 crore being exhausted on equipment.
As far as women`s hockey is concerned, a total amount of Rs. 8.23 crore has been spent. Foreign exposures consumed Rs. almost 4.87 crore, while Rs. 2.89 crore approximately was spent on six coaching camps held for 204 days since March 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Reduced oxygen can cause childhood heart disease
- Premier Futsal: Goa 5's outclass Bengaluru 5's 3-0, seal semi-final spot
- Scientists reconstruct detailed 3D eyes from single photo
- Santander pips BBVA: Eurozone`s largest bank becomes La Liga's newest sponsors
- US sanctions target Assad regime's arms, finance networks