Sports Ministry spends 18.09 crore on hockey for Olympics
New Delhi: The Sports Ministry has incurred a total amount of Rs. 18.09 crore on providing training and foreign exposure to Indian men`s and women`s hockey teams since March last year for the preparation of the London Olympics.
Out of Rs. 9.86 crore spent on the men`s team, approximately Rs 5.53 crore was used up on giving foreign exposures, while almost Rs. 3.25 crore was exhausted on coaching camps.
From the initial strength of the men`s team of 48 players, six coaches and six support staff, the present day strength of the Indian side is 32 Players, seven coaches and nine support staff.
So far six coaching camps of a total duration of 185 days have been organised since March 2011 with almost Rs. 0.17 crore being exhausted on equipment.
As far as women`s hockey is concerned, a total amount of Rs. 8.23 crore has been spent. Foreign exposures consumed Rs. almost 4.87 crore, while Rs. 2.89 crore approximately was spent on six coaching camps held for 204 days since March 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician