Yuvraj Walmiki out of 2012 London Olympic hockey qualifiers
New Delhi: India`s promising forward Yuvraj Walmiki Thursday has been ruled out of the remainder of the 2012 London Olympics hockey qualifiers with a hamstring injury.
Chief coach Michael Nobbs said the Mumbai boy has a grade two muscle tear on his right leg. Yuvraj complained of a pain in his right leg Wednesday and missed the game against Canada. Yuvraj will be unavailable for 7-10 days.
"Yuvraj has been ruled out of the tournament. He underwent an MRI and reports suggested it is a grade two muscle tear but we are treating it a a grade three injury because we suspect it has been aggravated due to an old injury. No replacement is needed," he said.
Nobbs said defender Rupinder Pal Singh will move up is likely to take Yuvraj`s place in Friday`s match against Poland.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt