I don’t understand what Yousuf is doing in England
Karachi: Pakistan’s former stars have blasted the team management in England for not playing senior batsman Mohammad Yousuf in the second Test against England despite calling him urgently into the side.
“In the first place, I don’t understand what Yousuf is doing in England. If the need was so urgent that they rushed him to England at a short notice then he should have played in whatever condition he was in,” former Test captain Zaheer Abbas told reporters.
Zaheer, a top batsman himself, said he was surprised when he learnt that the cricket board had called up Yousuf who had announced his retirement in March.
“It is a laughable situation calling a batsman out of retirement and who technically is still banned. What message did it convey to the young players in the touring squad that the board and management does not have confidence in them?” he asked.
“To make matters worse after calling him up urgently they don’t even play him in the team saying he is not ready for international cricket. This is adding more pressure on the younger players, how do you expect them to perform?” the former captain fumed.
He said the way the Pakistan Cricket Board and the team management in England have handled things could only be described as comical.
“I don’t know what Yousuf is now doing in England. When he and Younus Khan were available why they were not selected in the team in the first place,” he said.
He said the decision to bat first after winning the toss in the second Test when the batsmen were struggling was also debatable.
“I don’t know who is advising Salman Butt but he needs guidance right now.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi