India played like Bangladesh
Nottingham: Expressing his thoughts on India’s poor showing in the second successive Test against England, former captain Geoffrey Boycott rued that India had played like Bangladesh in parts of the second cricket Test at Trent Bridge.
"I don`t see how India can recover and beat England. It doesn`t matter who they bring in. The Indian batsmen don`t like the short ball and the Indian seamers do not have the pace and intensity of England`s bowlers so come to Edgbaston all you England supporters and see Strauss`s team win again," he wrote.
"There were times at Trent Bridge when India looked like Bangladesh in disguise. Their ground fielding was atrocious, their bowling was wayward and lacking thought.”
"The field placings were nonexistent and their batting apart from Dravid in the first innings and Tendulkar in the second was hopeless."
Boycott was all praise for the Trent Bridge wicket which provided assistance to both batsmen and the bowlers.
"Overall it was a fantastic cricket match. It was a great advert for the game and a superb victory by England.
"Cricket should be played on more pitches like this. They give the bowlers an opportunity to get into the game rather than flat surfaces where batsmen plunder mountains of runs.”
"There were some great individual performances. But don`t forget for two days it was nip and tuck who was going to win the game. With India having a lead of 67 on the third morning, if Kevin Pietersen and Ian Bell had got out cheaply, Dhoni`s team may well have won."
"But the difference between these two teams is England want it more. They are determined to be number one in the world and nothing is going to stop them.”
"With India, you get the impression they have turned up and are going through the motions. That is not good enough against this England team."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened