IPL molestation row: RCB team manager questioned
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: The Delhi Police on Tuesday quizzed Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) manager Avinash Vaidya in connection with the molestation case involving their player Luke Pomersbach.
The police will record the statement of Miraj, Sahil Peerzada’s friend, who was reportedly present in the room when the assault took place, it was reported.
Earlier, the lawyer of Luke Pomersbach denied that the cricketer had confessed to the police of having inadvertently touched or molested US citizen Zohail Hameed. Counsel Neeraj Chaudhry said that his client did not make any confession to the police or anyone else that he had molested the woman in a five-star hotel.
Pomersbach was arrested on Friday after Zohal alleged that he molested her and hit her fiance Sahil Peerzada when he objected to the cricketer`s behaviour. Peerzada was punched in his ear following which he had to undergo a surgery.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened