IPL not a concern for Oz Ashes bid: Sutherland
Sydney: Cricket Australia ( CA) chief executive James Sutherland has said that Australia`s Ashes bid in England will not be compromised by the Indian Premier League ( IPL).
Two members of the Ashes party, Shane Watson and James Faulkner, remain on the subcontinent with their team, Rajasthan Royals , who will play in an elimination semi-final in Delhi.
Describing the lead-up to the Test series in July and August as "probably as good a preparation as you could possibly get`, Sutherland also said that he is not concerned by the fact that England`s top players are engaged in a home Test series against New Zealand.
David Warner has also been in India since early April with Delhi Daredevils, Ryan Harris withdrew midway through with a sore Achilles and Michael Clarke and James Pattinson pulled out before playing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre