Kamran Akmal`s family robbed at gunpoint near Lahore home
Lahore: Pakistani cricketer Kamran Akmal`s relatives were robbed of 1.5 million rupees, jewellery, mobile phones and other personal items while on their way to attend a wedding ceremony near their home in Lahore.
Salman, Akmal`s brother-in-law, said that he along with his mother Riffat Ilyas and other family members were going to his uncle`s house located in Iqbal Town when the robbery took place on Sunday.
"When we reached the outskirts of our uncle`s house, two unidentified motorcyclists, equipped with sophisticated weapons approached us from behind and held us on gunpoint," a newspaper quoted Salman, as saying.
He claimed that the unidentified robbers managed to escape with a one thousand dollar diamond ring, 25 tolay jewellery, imported wristwatches, mobile phones and cash.
Meanwhile, Iqbal Town Police officer Faisal said that investigation is underway to nab the culprits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan