Olympics 2012: Rudisha would beat Bolt if they went head-to-head over 400 metres says London 2012 chief
London: London 2012 chief Seb Coe has said that fastest man Usain Bolt would be beaten by David Rudisha if they went head-to-head over 400 metres.
Kenya’s Rudisha grew up studying Coe’s races and visited the Olympic Stadium with him in February.
Rudisha clocked an astonishing 1min 40.91sec to demolish the field and take gold in the fastest 800m race ever, the BBC reports.
Rudisha would love to face double sprint king Bolt over one lap and Coe said: “It wouldn’t be a freak show and Rudisha would win. I’d put good money on that. Rudisha would run a 400m naturally better than Bolt.”
Coe also insisted Rudisha’s victory on Thursday had been the standout track performance of the entire Games, adding: “Bolt was good but I thought Rudisha was magnificent.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers