Zeenews Sports Bureau
• Boxing: Beijing Olympics bronze medalist Vijender Singh (75kg) and Shiva Thapa (56kg) will be trading punches at Excel Arena in the Round of 32. Vijender has drawn Kazakhstan's Danabek Suzhanov in the first round of the men's 75kg (03:00 IST, July 29). In the draw held, Thapa is pitted against Mexico's Oscar Valdez Fierro in the 56kg (18:45 IST). Vikas Krishan (69kg) has been seeded third and is the only Indian to get a first round bye.
• Archery: On the second day, the men’s archery quarterfinals, semifinals and finals will be played and may prove to be India’s first chance to claim a medal depending upon the performance of men’s archers on the first day.
• Badminton: The Indian shuttlers will begin their campaign at the Wembley arena in the men’s singles, women’s doubles and mixed doubles events. In the men's singles group stage (Not before 14:00), P Kashyap will take on Yuhan Tan of Belgium. In the mixed doubles, Indian duo of Jwala Gutta and V Diju will face Indonesian pair of Tontowi Ahmad and Liliyana Natsir in a Group C match (17:30 IST). Later, Jwala partners Ashwini Ponnappa in the doubles against the Japanese pair of Mizuki Fujii and Reika Kakiiwa (20:00 IST).
• Tennis: India open their campaign with Sania MIrza and Rashmi Chakraborthy taking on Su Wei Hsieh/Chia-Jung Chuang of Taipei (21:00 IST).
• Table Tennis: Soumyajit Ghosh and Ankita Das in action in the first round of men’s and women’s singles respectively.
• Weightlifting: Ngangbam Soniya Chanu to take part in women’s 48kg category (20:00 IST).
• Rowing: Swarn Singh Virk will be in action in men’s singles scull heat 1 (17:00 IST).
• Shooting: Vijay Kumar competing 10m Air Pistol event. Qualification: (16:30 IST). Finals: (20:00 IST).