Manan`s 187 take Punjab to 380/4 against Jharkhand
Dhanbad: Manan Vohra cracked a brilliant century, while India`s out-of-favour batsman Yuvraj Singh chipped in with 39 runs as Punjab posted a massive 380 for four on day one of their Group A Ranji Trophy match against Jharkhand here on Monday.
Manan hit a patient 187 off 273 balls with the help of 24 fours and three sixes, while Jiwanjot Singh scored run-a-ball 78, laced with 15 boundaries as the duo put on an important 138 runs together for the opening wicket to set a solid platform for the team.
Yuvraj took 59 balls for his 39, which he scored with the help of five fours and a six.
For Jharkhand, SS Quadri (2/130) took two wickets, while Varun Aaron (1/48) and Shahbaz Nadeem (1/127) claimed wicket apiece.
Opting to bat, Punjab got off to a great start before Jiwanjot was dismissed off Quadri`s bowling.
But Uday Kaul (25), followed by Yuvraj provided some good support to Manan.
While Manan and Uday shared a 54-run partnership for the second wicket, with Yuvraj, the opener put on another solid 89 runs for the third wicket to take Punjab past 280-run mark.
At stumps, skipper Mandeep Singh was unbeaten on 41 and Siddarth Kaul was yet to open his account.
Punjab 1st innings: 380 for 4 in 86 overs (Manan Vohra 187, Jiwanjot Singh, Yuvraj Singh 39; SS Quadri 2/130).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users