Maxwell vows to repeat `scary dose` against Pak if two teams meet again in World T20
Karachi: Australian all-rounder Glenn Maxwell has vowed to repeat his dose of `scary tactics` against Pakistan if the two sides meet again in the World Twenty20 tournament in Bangladesh.
Pakistan, which lost its opening Group 2 game to India by seven wickets, was given a scare by Maxwell in their 16-run win over Australia after he raced to 74 off 33 balls with seven fours and six sixes following a career-best 94 by Umar Akmal in Mirpur on Sunday.
According to The Dawn, Maxwell, who reached his maiden half-century off just 18 balls, the fourth fastest in T20 internationals, said that the experience of playing the Pakistani spinners in his first series against the team in 2012 helped him a great deal, knowing that he can face their spinners and is confident of scoring against them.
In that series, Maxwell made 38, 28 and 56 not out against an attack that included Ajmal, Shahid Afridi and Mohammad Hafeez and he warned that he would repeat the dose if the two teams faced off again as he will have that advantage of scoring against them before.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing