Mitchell Johnson -- a real threat to Indian batting
Zee Media Bureau/Chaitan Papnai
New Delhi: The spearhead of Australian fast bowling, Mitchell Johnson is a real danger for the star studded Indian batting line up for the seven match ODI series.
He is completely fit now and has more importantly got the momentum, which makes him a dangerous customer with the ball.
Johnson is among one of the most experienced players along with Shane Watson and wicketkeeper batsman Brad Haddin who are part of the Aussie ODI outfit.
The left-arm bowler has played 130 ODIs so far and has 201 wickets under his belt.
In the first ODI against the home team in Pune, Johnson clocked 150 plus consistently in the match. Though his stats of one for 38 in 10 overs don’t speak much about his exceptional bowling but the way he bowled in the opening game and kept the Indian batsmen quiet by his fiery pace was highly appreciating.
Later in the innings he gave his team the priceless wicket of in-form Yuvraj Singh in the 29th over. A quick and well directed short ball by Johnson and the southpaw got squared up and edged the ball to the wicketkeeper.
He has been a part of the Mumbai Indians in the IPL for quite some time now and his recent outing with the franchisee during the Champions League T20 tournament will surely help him to use his experience while playing against the home team.
So it would be interesting to watch how the Indian batsmen will tackle the fearsome pace of Mitchell Johnson in the matches to come.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!