`Another engine failure would end Alonso`s F1 crown hopes`
London: Ferrari team principal Stefano Domenicali has said that another engine failure for Fernando Alonso would end his Formula One championship title hopes.
Alonso has used the maximum of eight engines that are allowed to a driver throughout the course of the 19-race season.
When asked if the Spaniard is likely to run out of engines, Domenicali said: "I really hope not. If that happens then it will be tremendously difficult to fight to the end."
"What we have been able to do is manage the mileage with existing engines, and this is our plan. Hopefully we will manage up to the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix," the Sun quoted Domenicali, as saying.
"If we have any reliability issues it will be really traumatic as it would be almost impossible then to recover the points we would need if we want to continue to fight with Red Bull and McLaren," he added.
The Ferrari driver is currently second in the world championship, 14 points behind leader Mark Webber of Red Bull.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony