`Another engine failure would end Alonso`s F1 crown hopes`
London: Ferrari team principal Stefano Domenicali has said that another engine failure for Fernando Alonso would end his Formula One championship title hopes.
Alonso has used the maximum of eight engines that are allowed to a driver throughout the course of the 19-race season.
When asked if the Spaniard is likely to run out of engines, Domenicali said: "I really hope not. If that happens then it will be tremendously difficult to fight to the end."
"What we have been able to do is manage the mileage with existing engines, and this is our plan. Hopefully we will manage up to the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix," the Sun quoted Domenicali, as saying.
"If we have any reliability issues it will be really traumatic as it would be almost impossible then to recover the points we would need if we want to continue to fight with Red Bull and McLaren," he added.
The Ferrari driver is currently second in the world championship, 14 points behind leader Mark Webber of Red Bull.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH