`Another engine failure would end Alonso`s F1 crown hopes`
London: Ferrari team principal Stefano Domenicali has said that another engine failure for Fernando Alonso would end his Formula One championship title hopes.
Alonso has used the maximum of eight engines that are allowed to a driver throughout the course of the 19-race season.
When asked if the Spaniard is likely to run out of engines, Domenicali said: "I really hope not. If that happens then it will be tremendously difficult to fight to the end."
"What we have been able to do is manage the mileage with existing engines, and this is our plan. Hopefully we will manage up to the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix," the Sun quoted Domenicali, as saying.
"If we have any reliability issues it will be really traumatic as it would be almost impossible then to recover the points we would need if we want to continue to fight with Red Bull and McLaren," he added.
The Ferrari driver is currently second in the world championship, 14 points behind leader Mark Webber of Red Bull.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- A good beginning: Govt on meet between PM Modi, Sonia over GST Bill