`Jinxed` Button tips Alonso as `favourite` for Silverstone ahead of Vettel, Hamilton
London: McLaren star Jenson Button has tipped Ferrari`s Fernando Alonso as favourite to win at Silverstone ahead of championship leader Sebastian Vettel, winner of the last round in Canada, or Lewis Hamilton , who is yet to triumph this year.
Even though Button has won 15 times and is one of the sport`s most consistent finishers, he has not even got into the top three for his favourite race in front of his own fans at Silverstone in 13 years of trying.
Stating that Alonso is the favourite to win at Silverstone this year, the 2009 world champion, however, said that he would one day beat his Silverstone podium jinx even if it does not happen this year, given the woeful form of his current McLaren car.
According to Button, it would be more competitive for all teams this year to fight for a podium finish, although he added that McLaren expected to be fighting for race wins next year, including the British Grand Prix.
Button`s best result this year was fifth place in China in April.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Mumbai High court allows entry of women in Haji Ali Dargah
- DNA: Analysis of fraudulent doctor in Noida treating patients with wrong treatment
- DNA: Analyzing Balochistan's citizens struggle for freedom
- DNA: Two Syrian boys grieving death of brother killed in airstrike
- DNA: Analyzing world's first driverless taxi developed by Singapore company
- Jigisha killer Ravi Kapoor convicted in taxi-driver murder case
- Records aside, US Open getting personal for Serena Williams
- World Risk Report 2016: India ranks 77th in world disaster risk index
- SC restrains Tamil Nadu Police from arresting expelled AIADMK MP
- Swaraj seeks report from Indian consulate on death of workers