`No Hamilton hangover` McLaren boss says drivers doing `good job` despite poor show
London: McLaren team boss Martin Whitmarsh has insisted that both his drivers Jenson Button and Sergio Perez are `doing a good job`, despite a lack of good results so far this season.
The former champions have failed to get close to the podium since Lewis Hamilton quit the team last season for rivals Mercedes, with the Silverstone-based team`s famous ability to develop their car out of trouble also seemed to have deserted them.
However, ahead of the British Grand Prix , Whitmarsh denied that a `Hamilton hangover` was at fault, saying that although the Mercedes ace was a good driver and asset for them while he was in McLaren, the team is satisfied with both Button and Perez and has not given up on the race yet.
However, Whitmarsh admitted that McLaren did not perform as it should have in Canada, with its record run of 64 races in the points came to an end as they finished 11th and 12th, although he was optimistic that Silverstone fans will see a different team in Britain provided they work harder than before.
Meanwhile, Red Bull boss Christian Horner has upped the pressure on Hamilton`s Mercedes team over the secret Pirelli tyre test controversy, saying that the problem is that they asked for a car to be used, adding that it is the entrant`s responsibility to make sure that the car confirms to the rules.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'