`Unhappy` Red Bull owner threatens to pull team out of F1
London: Red Bull owner Dietrich Mateschitz has warned that his team may quit Formula One if he continues to be unhappy over the way the sport is being run.
Mateschitz`s remarks followed Red Bull driver Daniel Ricciardo`s exclusion from the Australian Grand Prix and the adoption of new rules.
According to the BBC, Mateschitz, who owns two F1 teams and has been instrumental in keeping the world rally championship alive through his company`s investment, said that Red Bull`s future in F1 was more `to do with sportsmanship and political influence` than finance, adding that there is a `clear limit` of what they can accept.
Hinting at the `inappropriate politicisation` of the sport, Mateschitz said that the team has lodged a protest over F1`s new rules as the fuel-flow sensor, given to the teams by the federation, gave divergent readings and is inaccurate although governing body FIA warned the team that all teams must stick to the readings given by the official sensor.
Mateschitz also criticised the new format of F1, both in terms of the use of a fuel limit and in the sound produced by the turbo hybrid engines, which are much quieter than last year`s naturally aspirated V8s.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata