`Unhappy` Red Bull owner threatens to pull team out of F1
London: Red Bull owner Dietrich Mateschitz has warned that his team may quit Formula One if he continues to be unhappy over the way the sport is being run.
Mateschitz`s remarks followed Red Bull driver Daniel Ricciardo`s exclusion from the Australian Grand Prix and the adoption of new rules.
According to the BBC, Mateschitz, who owns two F1 teams and has been instrumental in keeping the world rally championship alive through his company`s investment, said that Red Bull`s future in F1 was more `to do with sportsmanship and political influence` than finance, adding that there is a `clear limit` of what they can accept.
Hinting at the `inappropriate politicisation` of the sport, Mateschitz said that the team has lodged a protest over F1`s new rules as the fuel-flow sensor, given to the teams by the federation, gave divergent readings and is inaccurate although governing body FIA warned the team that all teams must stick to the readings given by the official sensor.
Mateschitz also criticised the new format of F1, both in terms of the use of a fuel limit and in the sound produced by the turbo hybrid engines, which are much quieter than last year`s naturally aspirated V8s.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'