Abu Dhabi circuit suits us: Force India
Abu Dhabi: Sahara Force India drivers say the Yas Marina cicruit suits them well and they are optimistic of carrying forward the good run into the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix on Sunday.
Force India had both of its cars in the points bracket in the 2011 season at the Yas Marina circuit with Adrian Sutil finishing eighth ahead of teammate Paul di Resta.
In the 2012 season, Force India are doing well consistently in the second half of the season.
Nico Hulkenberg, who will join Sauber in 2013, said they have produced good results on circuits like that of Abu Dhabi.
"I think Abu Dhabi should suit us a bit more than India. It`s a twisty circuit with more low-speed corners and it’s a bit more like Singapore, where we looked quite competitive. So I`m optimistic going there," the German said.
Paul Di Resta is hopeful that the issues he had with his car during the Indian Grand Prix will be sorted out.
"The whole team has been working hard to try and understand the issues we had in India. We`ve seen some things in the data so hopefully we can get on top of them and back up to speed right from the start of practice on Friday," he said.
"It`s a very technical circuit with a lot of tight, low-speed corners and you need to be very precise with the car. There`s very little high-speed stuff, apart from the esses after turn one, but they are taken pretty much flat anyway. There are definitely some similarities with Singapore in terms of the number of low-speed corners," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP