Aditya finishes 4th in Scirocco Cup race
Nurburgring: Promising Indian driver Aditya Patel recovered from a back-of-the-grid start to finish a creditable fourth in the reverse grid race of the Scirocco Cup.
Starting from the eighth place, it was never going to be easy for Aditya to win once again.
A bad start meant that Altfrid Heger and Pro driver Felix Tigges were on either side of Aditya, each trying to squeeze him out.
This led to a massive pile up on the main straight with these two cars spinning across in front of Aditya leaving him with damage to his steering. The safety car was brought out while the mess was being cleared.
Aditya, with a damaged steering, fought hard to keep his place and managed to move to the third spot in the bargain. An ill handling car meant that he couldn`t hold on to this position for long but continued to battle in the top 5.
The last three laps were hard fought between Timmy Megenbier, Rahel Frey, Uwe Alzen and Aditya.
After a nail biting last few laps, Aditya brought home the car in fourth place which is credible considering the damage done on lap one.
Aditya is currently second in the championship standings, 10 points behind leader Maciek Steinhof.
"It`s been my best weekend in a long, long time. I came away with maximum points from this weekend and hope to now keep the good results coming," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation Part II
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters