Adrian Newey labels Formula 1`s technical regulations as `restrictive`
London: Labelling Formula 1`s technical regulations as "restrictive", Adrian Newey, the Red Bull design chief warned the sport risks becoming "GP1".
According to the BBC, F1`s GP2 and GP3 feeder series use identical chassis with emphasis more on driver skill than car design, and Newey is concerned F1 is going the same way.
Newey said everybody`s converging on cars that look more and more similar.
He said that the regulations have become too restrictive, adding that they`re in danger, chassis-wise, of becoming GP1.
Newey, who, along with Sebastian Vettel masterminded Red Bull`s four consecutive world constructors` and drivers` titles, is the most successful F1 car designer in history.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview
- Pakistan vs England, 2nd T20: Live Streaming