Adrian Newey labels Formula 1`s technical regulations as `restrictive`
London: Labelling Formula 1`s technical regulations as "restrictive", Adrian Newey, the Red Bull design chief warned the sport risks becoming "GP1".
According to the BBC, F1`s GP2 and GP3 feeder series use identical chassis with emphasis more on driver skill than car design, and Newey is concerned F1 is going the same way.
Newey said everybody`s converging on cars that look more and more similar.
He said that the regulations have become too restrictive, adding that they`re in danger, chassis-wise, of becoming GP1.
Newey, who, along with Sebastian Vettel masterminded Red Bull`s four consecutive world constructors` and drivers` titles, is the most successful F1 car designer in history.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone