Adrian Sutil finishes 5th, Paul di Resta 9th in Monaco
Monaco: Sahara Force India had a remarkable outing at the Circuit de Monaco here as comeback man Adrian Sutil and Paul di Resta finished a creditable fifth and ninth respectively in the crash-strewn Monaco Grand Prix on Sunday, earning the team 12 World Championship points.
Starting eight on the grid, Sutil passed both McLaren`s Jenson Button (6th) and Ferrari`s Fernando Alonso (7th) with opportunistic overtaking maneuvres at the hairpin en route to his fifth place finish to earn vital 10 points for his side.
His team-mate Di Resta too had a good day in office, as starting 17th, he moved up whopping eight places to drove home his VJM06 inside the top 10 bracket and collected two points in the process.
Mercedes` Nico Rosberg claimed a superb lights-to-flag victory in the race that featured two safety cars and an extended red-flag period.
In a race marred by accidents, red flags and two safety car interventions, Rosberg drove flawlessly to claim only the second win of his career.
Reigning world champion Sebastian Vettel of Germany was second ahead of his team-mate Mark Webber to ensure a two-three finish for Red Bull. Mercedes` Lewis Hamilton claimed the fourth position.
Jean-Eric Vergne of Toro Rosso finished eighth ahead of Di Resta, while Lotus` Kimi Raikkonen completed the top 10 chart.
The red flag came out with 30 laps to go in the 78-lap race when Williams` Pastor Maldonado was pushed into the wall by Max Chilton of Marussia.
Earlier, Ferrari driver Felipe Massa crashed to bring the safety car into action. The safety car was again pressed into service when Frenchman Romain Grosjean smahed his Lotus on to Toro Rosso`s Daniel Ricciardo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Mumbai local crashes into platform at Churchgate Station
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him