Adrian Sutil may race for Force India again
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Barcelona: Adrian Sutil may be all set to make a dramatic comeback to Formula One and the Force India team after over a year away from the tracks.
The German racer had previously been with the Mallya owned F1 team from 2008 to 2011 but an incident of violence in a Shanghai nightclub led him to losing his focus and his place on the Formula One grid.
This could be his comeback, especially given that the second racer`s spot in the team, alongside Paul Di Resta, is yet to be filled. Frenchman Jules Bianchi is believed to be the other contender for the slot.
A Force India spokesman confirmed that Sutil may be involved in the team`s test driving schedule in Barcelona next week.
"Adrian Sutil had a seat fitting with the team this week," said the spokesman, "At this stage the test driving schedule for the Barcelona test is not finalised but there is a possibility Adrian could be involved. The driving schedule will be communicated on Monday next week."
The aforementioned test will take place at Barcelona`s Circuit de Catalunya from February 19 to 22.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley