Adrian Sutil may race for Force India again
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Barcelona: Adrian Sutil may be all set to make a dramatic comeback to Formula One and the Force India team after over a year away from the tracks.
The German racer had previously been with the Mallya owned F1 team from 2008 to 2011 but an incident of violence in a Shanghai nightclub led him to losing his focus and his place on the Formula One grid.
This could be his comeback, especially given that the second racer`s spot in the team, alongside Paul Di Resta, is yet to be filled. Frenchman Jules Bianchi is believed to be the other contender for the slot.
A Force India spokesman confirmed that Sutil may be involved in the team`s test driving schedule in Barcelona next week.
"Adrian Sutil had a seat fitting with the team this week," said the spokesman, "At this stage the test driving schedule for the Barcelona test is not finalised but there is a possibility Adrian could be involved. The driving schedule will be communicated on Monday next week."
The aforementioned test will take place at Barcelona`s Circuit de Catalunya from February 19 to 22.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj