Akash wins Amaron Karting Challenge finale
Hyderabad: Bangalore boy Akash Gouda emerged champion in the Amaron Karting Challenge season-III and claimed Rs 10 lakh scholarship for further training.
Gouda led the race from flag to flag as he made a clean sweep in the finale, in which 54 finalists in the age group of 12-16 competed on the tracks of MECO`s Ministry of Speed, Rajiv Gandhi International Airport.
Gouda`s statemates Akhil Rabindra and Prakhyat Rai were second and third respectively.
Amaron Pro Racing and MECO Motor sports will sponsor the scholarship.
"The growing level of appreciation received by the public and the strong support and patronage from our different partners have inspired us to further continue to bring this
sport to masses.”
"With Indian F1 round the corner we feel more people will join the motorsports community. We are sure to see more F1 drivers from India in the times to come," Mackinlay Barreto, Amaron Pro Racing`s Head of Motor Sport, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- UPSC Results 2014: Meet top three toppers