Alessandro Del Piero eyeing motor racing venture at Le Mans
London: Italian football legend Alessandro Del Piero is collaborating with actor Patrick Dempsey in a bid to shoot for glory at Le Mans in France.
The World Cup winner, a motor sport fanatic, has formed Dempsey/Del Piero Racing with the Grey’s Anatomy hunk.
The team has already applied for an entry to compete in the 24-hour classic in France in June and they will field two cars in the US-based American Le Mans Series, the paper added.
Dempsey, an accomplished amateur racer, will drive at Le Mans if the squad’s entry is accepted, along with veteran US racers Joe Foster and Michael Avenatti. Del Piero, who won the World Cup with Italy in 2006 and countless trophies in a 19-year spell with Juventus, is not expected to get behind the wheel.
Del Piero said he has had a passion for motor sport since he was a young boy growing up in Italy and is thrilled at the opportunity to team with Patrick, adding they expect to compete at a very high level and our central focus will be on winning world championships.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'