Ali, Mushtafa win Himalayan Drive
Siliguri: S.K. Ajgar Ali (driver) and M.K. Mohammed Mushtafa (navigator) won the JK Tyre Himalayan Drive TSD (Time-Speed-Distance) Rally that concluded at Siliguri.
won the JK Tyre Himalayan Drive TSD (Time-Speed-Distance) Rally that concluded at Siliguri.
Soham Hazra (driver) and Nirav Mehta (navigator) finished second in the 400-km three-day event that covered eastern regions of Sikkim, West Bengal, Darjeeling Hills and the pristine eastern Himalayas.
The event attracted more than 50 drivers and navigators from Kolkata, Siliguri, Darjeeling and Gangtok.
"The drive was certainly a challenging event that tested man and machine to the maximum. The Rally route was breathtaking and I thoroughly enjoyed participating in this event," said Hazra.
The rally route was for most part on hill roads that are as high as 9,500 feet above sea level. Day 1 of the rally saw the drivers covering a distance of 120 km from Siliguri to Gangtok after the flag-off before moving to Gangtok and Darjeeling after which they headed back to Siliguri.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui