Ali, Mushtafa win Himalayan Drive
Siliguri: S.K. Ajgar Ali (driver) and M.K. Mohammed Mushtafa (navigator) won the JK Tyre Himalayan Drive TSD (Time-Speed-Distance) Rally that concluded at Siliguri.
won the JK Tyre Himalayan Drive TSD (Time-Speed-Distance) Rally that concluded at Siliguri.
Soham Hazra (driver) and Nirav Mehta (navigator) finished second in the 400-km three-day event that covered eastern regions of Sikkim, West Bengal, Darjeeling Hills and the pristine eastern Himalayas.
The event attracted more than 50 drivers and navigators from Kolkata, Siliguri, Darjeeling and Gangtok.
"The drive was certainly a challenging event that tested man and machine to the maximum. The Rally route was breathtaking and I thoroughly enjoyed participating in this event," said Hazra.
The rally route was for most part on hill roads that are as high as 9,500 feet above sea level. Day 1 of the rally saw the drivers covering a distance of 120 km from Siliguri to Gangtok after the flag-off before moving to Gangtok and Darjeeling after which they headed back to Siliguri.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note