Ali, Mushtafa win Himalayan Drive
Siliguri: S.K. Ajgar Ali (driver) and M.K. Mohammed Mushtafa (navigator) won the JK Tyre Himalayan Drive TSD (Time-Speed-Distance) Rally that concluded at Siliguri.
won the JK Tyre Himalayan Drive TSD (Time-Speed-Distance) Rally that concluded at Siliguri.
Soham Hazra (driver) and Nirav Mehta (navigator) finished second in the 400-km three-day event that covered eastern regions of Sikkim, West Bengal, Darjeeling Hills and the pristine eastern Himalayas.
The event attracted more than 50 drivers and navigators from Kolkata, Siliguri, Darjeeling and Gangtok.
"The drive was certainly a challenging event that tested man and machine to the maximum. The Rally route was breathtaking and I thoroughly enjoyed participating in this event," said Hazra.
The rally route was for most part on hill roads that are as high as 9,500 feet above sea level. Day 1 of the rally saw the drivers covering a distance of 120 km from Siliguri to Gangtok after the flag-off before moving to Gangtok and Darjeeling after which they headed back to Siliguri.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Indian worker tells Australia court his pro-ISIS post was 'sarcastic'
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 3, Mi 5 open sale to begin at 2 pm today
- Salman Khan's Katrina connect was seen at 'Sultan' trailer launch? Details inside
- China supplying nuclear weapons system to Pakistan, poses threat to US, India
- Xiaomi Mi Drone to be launched today; check out teaser video