Ali, Mushtafa win Himalayan Drive
Siliguri: S.K. Ajgar Ali (driver) and M.K. Mohammed Mushtafa (navigator) won the JK Tyre Himalayan Drive TSD (Time-Speed-Distance) Rally that concluded at Siliguri.
won the JK Tyre Himalayan Drive TSD (Time-Speed-Distance) Rally that concluded at Siliguri.
Soham Hazra (driver) and Nirav Mehta (navigator) finished second in the 400-km three-day event that covered eastern regions of Sikkim, West Bengal, Darjeeling Hills and the pristine eastern Himalayas.
The event attracted more than 50 drivers and navigators from Kolkata, Siliguri, Darjeeling and Gangtok.
"The drive was certainly a challenging event that tested man and machine to the maximum. The Rally route was breathtaking and I thoroughly enjoyed participating in this event," said Hazra.
The rally route was for most part on hill roads that are as high as 9,500 feet above sea level. Day 1 of the rally saw the drivers covering a distance of 120 km from Siliguri to Gangtok after the flag-off before moving to Gangtok and Darjeeling after which they headed back to Siliguri.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof