Ali, Mushtafa win Himalayan Drive
Siliguri: S.K. Ajgar Ali (driver) and M.K. Mohammed Mushtafa (navigator) won the JK Tyre Himalayan Drive TSD (Time-Speed-Distance) Rally that concluded at Siliguri.
won the JK Tyre Himalayan Drive TSD (Time-Speed-Distance) Rally that concluded at Siliguri.
Soham Hazra (driver) and Nirav Mehta (navigator) finished second in the 400-km three-day event that covered eastern regions of Sikkim, West Bengal, Darjeeling Hills and the pristine eastern Himalayas.
The event attracted more than 50 drivers and navigators from Kolkata, Siliguri, Darjeeling and Gangtok.
"The drive was certainly a challenging event that tested man and machine to the maximum. The Rally route was breathtaking and I thoroughly enjoyed participating in this event," said Hazra.
The rally route was for most part on hill roads that are as high as 9,500 feet above sea level. Day 1 of the rally saw the drivers covering a distance of 120 km from Siliguri to Gangtok after the flag-off before moving to Gangtok and Darjeeling after which they headed back to Siliguri.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- England vs Sri Lanka, 2nd ODI: Alex Hales, Jason Roy power hosts to crushing win
- Tri-Nation series: Darren Bravo, Shannon Gabriel help West Indies topple South Africa
- China renews yellow alert for heat wave
- Navjot Singh Sidhu gets place in Punjab BJP core committee, Anil Joshi out
- She's just 8 months old but parents want mercy killing: Read her story