Alonso admits defeat in F1 championship race after Vettel`s Singapore GP win
London: Ferrari driver Fernando Alonso has conceded that the Formula One title battle is effectively over after Sebastian Vettel got another win in the season at the Singapore Grand Prix .
According to Metro.co.uk, Alonso`s skills and a calculated gamble with the tyres, was still no match for championship leader Vettel.
The Spaniard did all he could around the Marina Bay Street Circuit, jumping from seventh on the grid to finish second to the Red Bull driver, who increased his lead to 60 points with six races to go, the report said.
Alonso said second place had felt like victory in a car that was two seconds slower than the one driven by his dominant German rival, who looks sure to take a fourth world title in succession, the report added.
The Spaniard said that he had to be realistic and honest as there were just few races to go and the gap was now 60 points, adding that he needs luck in Korea, Japan, India, Abu Dhabi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ugly spat in Parliament - Renuka Chowdhury calls Harsimrat Kaur 'Kachra': Know what happened
- Rs 10 lakh insurance cover for rail passengers in less than Rs 2
- India may approach Britain on bringing back Kohinoor
- HILARIOUS! Harbhajan Singh posts EDITED picture of Indian cricketers – Pic inside!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian captain to hit double century in away Test