Alonso admits defeat in F1 championship race after Vettel`s Singapore GP win
London: Ferrari driver Fernando Alonso has conceded that the Formula One title battle is effectively over after Sebastian Vettel got another win in the season at the Singapore Grand Prix .
According to Metro.co.uk, Alonso`s skills and a calculated gamble with the tyres, was still no match for championship leader Vettel.
The Spaniard did all he could around the Marina Bay Street Circuit, jumping from seventh on the grid to finish second to the Red Bull driver, who increased his lead to 60 points with six races to go, the report said.
Alonso said second place had felt like victory in a car that was two seconds slower than the one driven by his dominant German rival, who looks sure to take a fourth world title in succession, the report added.
The Spaniard said that he had to be realistic and honest as there were just few races to go and the gap was now 60 points, adding that he needs luck in Korea, Japan, India, Abu Dhabi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city