Alonso admits defeat in F1 championship race after Vettel`s Singapore GP win
London: Ferrari driver Fernando Alonso has conceded that the Formula One title battle is effectively over after Sebastian Vettel got another win in the season at the Singapore Grand Prix .
According to Metro.co.uk, Alonso`s skills and a calculated gamble with the tyres, was still no match for championship leader Vettel.
The Spaniard did all he could around the Marina Bay Street Circuit, jumping from seventh on the grid to finish second to the Red Bull driver, who increased his lead to 60 points with six races to go, the report said.
Alonso said second place had felt like victory in a car that was two seconds slower than the one driven by his dominant German rival, who looks sure to take a fourth world title in succession, the report added.
The Spaniard said that he had to be realistic and honest as there were just few races to go and the gap was now 60 points, adding that he needs luck in Korea, Japan, India, Abu Dhabi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic