Alonso admits defeat in F1 championship race after Vettel`s Singapore GP win
London: Ferrari driver Fernando Alonso has conceded that the Formula One title battle is effectively over after Sebastian Vettel got another win in the season at the Singapore Grand Prix .
According to Metro.co.uk, Alonso`s skills and a calculated gamble with the tyres, was still no match for championship leader Vettel.
The Spaniard did all he could around the Marina Bay Street Circuit, jumping from seventh on the grid to finish second to the Red Bull driver, who increased his lead to 60 points with six races to go, the report said.
Alonso said second place had felt like victory in a car that was two seconds slower than the one driven by his dominant German rival, who looks sure to take a fourth world title in succession, the report added.
The Spaniard said that he had to be realistic and honest as there were just few races to go and the gap was now 60 points, adding that he needs luck in Korea, Japan, India, Abu Dhabi.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview