Alonso fastest for Belgian GP practice
Spa-Francorchamps: Spaniard Fernando Alonso topped the times in Friday morning`s opening practice for Sunday`s Belgian Grand Prix.
The 29-year-old Ferrari driver posted a time of one minute 00.797 during the first half of the session at a dark, dingy, and extremely wet Spa-Francorchamps circuit.
McLaren`s Lewis Hamilton was second quickest ahead of Pole Robert Kubica of Renault.
German Sebastian Vettel of Red Bull was fourth quickest ahead of Force India driver German Adrian Sutil and defending champion Jenson Button, sixth fastest in the second McLaren.
Championship leader Mark Webber was seventh quickest in the second Red Bull followed by Japanese Kamui Kobayashi of Sauber.
Brazilian Rubens Barichello of Williams was ninth fastest ahead of Mercedes driver German Michael Schumacher who completed the top ten.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test