Alonso fastest for Belgian GP practice
Spa-Francorchamps: Spaniard Fernando Alonso topped the times in Friday morning`s opening practice for Sunday`s Belgian Grand Prix.
The 29-year-old Ferrari driver posted a time of one minute 00.797 during the first half of the session at a dark, dingy, and extremely wet Spa-Francorchamps circuit.
McLaren`s Lewis Hamilton was second quickest ahead of Pole Robert Kubica of Renault.
German Sebastian Vettel of Red Bull was fourth quickest ahead of Force India driver German Adrian Sutil and defending champion Jenson Button, sixth fastest in the second McLaren.
Championship leader Mark Webber was seventh quickest in the second Red Bull followed by Japanese Kamui Kobayashi of Sauber.
Brazilian Rubens Barichello of Williams was ninth fastest ahead of Mercedes driver German Michael Schumacher who completed the top ten.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'