Alonso, not Hamilton best man to deny Vettel F1 title: Jenson Button
London: McLaren driver Jenson Button has suggested that Fernando Alonso, and not Lewis Hamilton, could be the man to deny Red Bull`s Sebastian Vettel from winning his fourth consecutive F1 World Championship.
According to The Guardian, Alonso has not won a race for more than three months and his form appeared to be in decline in the races leading up to his second place at Spa-Francorchamps on Sunday.
However, Button said that Alonso was the one to look at to challenge Vettel, as he seemed happy with the car and was making progress.
Vettel currently leads the World Championship standings with 46 points at the top, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- India to buy 500 helicopters, 12 submarines, over 200 fighter jets in next 10 years: Report
- Pakistan denies Dawood's presence in Karachi, says 'UN report motivated by India's aim to malign us'
- 'Chikungunya cases highest this year since 2006'
- Umbilical cells linked to increase risk of obesity: Study
- New movement discovered in blink of an eye