Alonso, not Hamilton best man to deny Vettel F1 title: Jenson Button
London: McLaren driver Jenson Button has suggested that Fernando Alonso, and not Lewis Hamilton, could be the man to deny Red Bull`s Sebastian Vettel from winning his fourth consecutive F1 World Championship.
According to The Guardian, Alonso has not won a race for more than three months and his form appeared to be in decline in the races leading up to his second place at Spa-Francorchamps on Sunday.
However, Button said that Alonso was the one to look at to challenge Vettel, as he seemed happy with the car and was making progress.
Vettel currently leads the World Championship standings with 46 points at the top, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- MUST WATCH: One to be treasured! Virat Kohli's 200 and Sunil Gavaskar's generous applause
- SCOPE for accountability check of NGOs getting funds from PSUs
- Govt to invest Rs 200 crore on scaling up existing incubators
- MUST WATCH VIDEO FOR ALL CRICKET FANS: When Rahul Dravid found himself stranded against XI South Africans
- Dayashankar row: How sympathising BSP leader Nasimuddin Siddiqui turns into a 'villain' – READ