Alonso says Ferrari needs `better car` to challenge Red Bull
Abu Dhabi: Formula One driver Fernando Alonso has appealed to his team Ferrari to produce a much better car next season after seeing his Formula One title hopes ended by Sebastian Vettel`s win in the Indian Grand Prix.
According to TheNational.ae, Alonso needed to win the race at the Buddh International Circuit and hope Vettel finished lower than fifth to keep the points fight alive heading to Abu Dhabi next Sunday, but a scrappy first lap ended the Spaniard`s hopes as Vettel cantered to victory in his Red Bull Racing car.
Alonso, the last man who could have denied Vettel a fourth world title, conceded that the championship was destined to go to the German several races ago and felt no strong emotions after finally having it confirmed, the report said.
He said that it was time to congratulate Vettel but it was also a day for Ferrari to start working even harder because they had a very strong challenge in front of them.
Alonso has finished as runner-up to Vettel in three of the German`s four championships, and he said it was clear the Italian team had to raise their game, the report added
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand