Alonso says no to ‘dream team’ pairing with Vettel under new Ferrari deal
London: Ferrari star Fernando Alonso has reportedly rejected the plan to have current world champion Sebastian Vettel join him, for what Ferrari president Luca Di Montezemolo had called a dream team.
Although the Spanish ace said nothing in public about the issue, he had showed the Formula One world with his brilliance in a car that was no match for Vettel’s masterpiece at times last season, and then negotiated a new deal with his team.
Under the deal, Ferrari cannot sign in the German star while Alonso stayed in their number spot, adding that Alonso has hinted at staying at Ferrari beyond his current contract till 2016.
Although Vettel had failed to dismiss any rumours that he held ambitions to drive for the Italian team one day, ironically he is ready to sign with Red Bull until 2016, which is the year Alonso’s deal ends.
However, Montezemolo quickly changed his opinion after reviewing Alonso’s performance and agreed to bow to the demands of the two-time world champ. Reversing from his earlier statements, the Ferrari president had further said that it is highly unlikely that there will be a pairing between Vettel and Alonso.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Sundar Raman, tainted IPL franchises face uncertain future