Alonso says no to ‘dream team’ pairing with Vettel under new Ferrari deal
London: Ferrari star Fernando Alonso has reportedly rejected the plan to have current world champion Sebastian Vettel join him, for what Ferrari president Luca Di Montezemolo had called a dream team.
Although the Spanish ace said nothing in public about the issue, he had showed the Formula One world with his brilliance in a car that was no match for Vettel’s masterpiece at times last season, and then negotiated a new deal with his team.
Under the deal, Ferrari cannot sign in the German star while Alonso stayed in their number spot, adding that Alonso has hinted at staying at Ferrari beyond his current contract till 2016.
Although Vettel had failed to dismiss any rumours that he held ambitions to drive for the Italian team one day, ironically he is ready to sign with Red Bull until 2016, which is the year Alonso’s deal ends.
However, Montezemolo quickly changed his opinion after reviewing Alonso’s performance and agreed to bow to the demands of the two-time world champ. Reversing from his earlier statements, the Ferrari president had further said that it is highly unlikely that there will be a pairing between Vettel and Alonso.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB