Alonso zooms past Raikkonen, Hamilton to China GP victory
London: Ferrari ace Fernando Alonso made up for his crash out from Sepang, Malaysia by scoring a winner at the Chinese Grand Prix on Sunday.
The Spaniard beat team Lotus`s Kimi Raikkonen by 10.1 seconds in a dry race dictated by tyre choices and frequent pit-stops, and roared out to victory in the GP.
The report further said that Mercedes ` Lewis Hamilton completed a trio of world champions on the podium with third place for his team after starting on pole.
According to reports, the win was Alonso`s first since Germany last July and was the 31st of his career, taking him to fourth in the all-time list, alongside Britain`s 1992 champion Nigel Mansell.
Red Bull`s triple champion Sebastian Vettel finished fourth, just 0.2 behind Hamilton, to retain the overall lead, with McLaren`s Jenson Button fifth to ensure five champions in the top five places.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference