Alonso zooms past Raikkonen, Hamilton to China GP victory
London: Ferrari ace Fernando Alonso made up for his crash out from Sepang, Malaysia by scoring a winner at the Chinese Grand Prix on Sunday.
The Spaniard beat team Lotus`s Kimi Raikkonen by 10.1 seconds in a dry race dictated by tyre choices and frequent pit-stops, and roared out to victory in the GP.
The report further said that Mercedes ` Lewis Hamilton completed a trio of world champions on the podium with third place for his team after starting on pole.
According to reports, the win was Alonso`s first since Germany last July and was the 31st of his career, taking him to fourth in the all-time list, alongside Britain`s 1992 champion Nigel Mansell.
Red Bull`s triple champion Sebastian Vettel finished fourth, just 0.2 behind Hamilton, to retain the overall lead, with McLaren`s Jenson Button fifth to ensure five champions in the top five places.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon