Alonso zooms past Raikkonen, Hamilton to China GP victory
London: Ferrari ace Fernando Alonso made up for his crash out from Sepang, Malaysia by scoring a winner at the Chinese Grand Prix on Sunday.
The Spaniard beat team Lotus`s Kimi Raikkonen by 10.1 seconds in a dry race dictated by tyre choices and frequent pit-stops, and roared out to victory in the GP.
The report further said that Mercedes ` Lewis Hamilton completed a trio of world champions on the podium with third place for his team after starting on pole.
According to reports, the win was Alonso`s first since Germany last July and was the 31st of his career, taking him to fourth in the all-time list, alongside Britain`s 1992 champion Nigel Mansell.
Red Bull`s triple champion Sebastian Vettel finished fourth, just 0.2 behind Hamilton, to retain the overall lead, with McLaren`s Jenson Button fifth to ensure five champions in the top five places.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress