Amazing to drive F1 car: Calado
Silverstone (England): British racing driver James Calado, who is testing Pirelli tyres here at the Young Driver Test, said it was amazing to drive a Formula 1 car.
Calado, who drove Force India`s VJM06 at the Silverstone Circuit, completed 48 laps Thursday before handing over to the team`s main driver and compatriot Paul Di Resta on Day 2 of the test.
"It has been fantastic to get an opportunity to drive this week. It`s another world compared to what I am used to with so much to learn and so many names to remember. Yesterday was more about getting comfortable with the car and today I was able to do a bigger programme with some aero work. The team also gave me the chance to try some pit stop practice, which was good experience," said the 24-year-old.
"As a British driver it has been amazing to drive a Formula 1 car at my home track. It`s certainly a memory that will stay with me. The car is just phenomenal; the high speed grip, the brakes and the G-forces. I`m really happy with how things have gone and I hope the work we`ve done will help the race drivers in Hungary," said Calado, who currently drives in GP2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Just Awesome! WATCH KL Rahul score incredible ton against West Indies in just 46 balls
- Walking can cut cardiovascular death by half
- When Robert Vadra had verbal spat with BJP MLA Ganesh Joshi over police horse Shaktiman's death - ALL DETAILS HERE
- 'Those provoking youth in Kashmir for Jihaad have kept their children in safe havens'
- SEBI mulling relaxed norms for REITs, InvITs, startups listing