Amazing to drive F1 car: Calado
Silverstone (England): British racing driver James Calado, who is testing Pirelli tyres here at the Young Driver Test, said it was amazing to drive a Formula 1 car.
Calado, who drove Force India`s VJM06 at the Silverstone Circuit, completed 48 laps Thursday before handing over to the team`s main driver and compatriot Paul Di Resta on Day 2 of the test.
"It has been fantastic to get an opportunity to drive this week. It`s another world compared to what I am used to with so much to learn and so many names to remember. Yesterday was more about getting comfortable with the car and today I was able to do a bigger programme with some aero work. The team also gave me the chance to try some pit stop practice, which was good experience," said the 24-year-old.
"As a British driver it has been amazing to drive a Formula 1 car at my home track. It`s certainly a memory that will stay with me. The car is just phenomenal; the high speed grip, the brakes and the G-forces. I`m really happy with how things have gone and I hope the work we`ve done will help the race drivers in Hungary," said Calado, who currently drives in GP2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- Women find 'dominant' men more attractive – Here’s why
- TIRUN announces maiden voyage of world's largest cruise ship
- Jayalalithaa takes oath as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Katrina Kaif looks as pretty as a picture on 'Jagga Jasoos' sets in Morocco! View pics
- If you think you are popular on social media then here’s a reality check