Another podium finish for Armaan
New Delhi: Armaan Ebrahim`s strong run in the Blancpain FIA GT Series continued with the Indian driver, along with his Spanish teammate Miguel Toril, finishing second in the Silver Cup class in Race 1 at Zandvoort, The Netherlands.
Driving for Fortec Motorsports, Chennai-born Armaan had two podium finishes in the previous round at Brands Hatch after returning from a high speed crash in the opening round in Nogaro, France.
Armaan had a difficult start to the weekend as he missed the entire practice session due to a failed water pump belt and went straight into qualifying and put the car in 11th place out of the 20 strong grid which included former F1 drivers Giorgio Pantano and Nelson Piquet Jr.
It was a good showing as this was the first run on new tyres due to the missed practice session on Friday.
Teammate Miguel unfortunately qualified lower down the order in 18th in the second qualifying which was where they started off for Race 1.
With changing weather conditions and the track getting wet after a solid shower, the Fortec pair managed a well earned second place on the podium in their class and 12th overall.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional