Another podium finish for Armaan
New Delhi: Armaan Ebrahim`s strong run in the Blancpain FIA GT Series continued with the Indian driver, along with his Spanish teammate Miguel Toril, finishing second in the Silver Cup class in Race 1 at Zandvoort, The Netherlands.
Driving for Fortec Motorsports, Chennai-born Armaan had two podium finishes in the previous round at Brands Hatch after returning from a high speed crash in the opening round in Nogaro, France.
Armaan had a difficult start to the weekend as he missed the entire practice session due to a failed water pump belt and went straight into qualifying and put the car in 11th place out of the 20 strong grid which included former F1 drivers Giorgio Pantano and Nelson Piquet Jr.
It was a good showing as this was the first run on new tyres due to the missed practice session on Friday.
Teammate Miguel unfortunately qualified lower down the order in 18th in the second qualifying which was where they started off for Race 1.
With changing weather conditions and the track getting wet after a solid shower, the Fortec pair managed a well earned second place on the podium in their class and 12th overall.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali