Another podium finish for Armaan
New Delhi: Armaan Ebrahim`s strong run in the Blancpain FIA GT Series continued with the Indian driver, along with his Spanish teammate Miguel Toril, finishing second in the Silver Cup class in Race 1 at Zandvoort, The Netherlands.
Driving for Fortec Motorsports, Chennai-born Armaan had two podium finishes in the previous round at Brands Hatch after returning from a high speed crash in the opening round in Nogaro, France.
Armaan had a difficult start to the weekend as he missed the entire practice session due to a failed water pump belt and went straight into qualifying and put the car in 11th place out of the 20 strong grid which included former F1 drivers Giorgio Pantano and Nelson Piquet Jr.
It was a good showing as this was the first run on new tyres due to the missed practice session on Friday.
Teammate Miguel unfortunately qualified lower down the order in 18th in the second qualifying which was where they started off for Race 1.
With changing weather conditions and the track getting wet after a solid shower, the Fortec pair managed a well earned second place on the podium in their class and 12th overall.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'