Armaan Ebrahim finishes 12th in Indy Lights Series in US
Long Beach (USA): Upcoming Indian driver Armaan Ebrahim improved upon a place to finish 12th in the third round of the Firestone Indy Lights Series Championship, here.
Driving for Fan Force United team, Ebrahim encountered a difficult weekend, which was marred by rain and mechanical problems, but worked his tail off to finish 12th after starting 13th on the grid.
"On Friday, I was actually very encouraged," Ebrahim said about his practice session on Friday morning.
"The car was solid and quite responsive compared to some of the issues we had in Alabama. Things really felt right for a good weekend."
Sponsored by JK Tyre, Ebrahim started out strong in Saturday`s qualifying session and was running in the top five in the first few laps. But he could not maintain the momentum as times soon fell off.
Ebrahim could manage only three laps in the qualifying after the final red flag came out.
On the race day, things did not start out the way Ebrahim had hoped. In the first couple of laps, the Indian could be heard on the radio commenting on power seeming to be down on the engine.
In the initial analysis by the engine manufacturer after the race, it was determined that the motor had a cylinder with a bad coil wire, which likely caused a decline in horsepower.
Further testing will be done in the week ahead to assess the repair work needed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'