Armaan Ebrahim signs for FIA GT1 World Championship
New Delhi: JK Tyre`s brand ambassador and India`s youngest racing sensation Armaan Ebrahim is all set to make his entry into the FIA GT1 World Championship, widely regarded as the pinnacle of sports car racing in the world.
Ebrahim is the lone Indian driver on the grid and this is going to be his first outing in the World GT1 Championship at a brand new world-class facility in the Moscow Raceway, which is located on the outskirts of the Russian capital.
The Chennai-based driver will represent Team India and will drive for SunRed Engineering, a leading motor racing team from Spain.
GT1 features fiercely competitive racing between the world`s most desirable luxury sports car brands. Cars from the Aston Martin DBRS9, Audi R8, BMW Z4, Ferrari 458, and Ford GT, to the Lamborghini Gallardo, McLaren MP4-12C, Mercedes SLS and Porsche 997 GT3 R will vie for the honour of being crowned FIA World Champion at the end of the season.
With two races per event, the GT1 championship gives the world`s best drivers an opportunity to battle it out in 10 events that are organised on the finest circuits in 10 countries around the world. Each GT1 race runs for 60 minutes and each car must perform a mid-race pit-stop to change tyres and drivers. The last round of the championship is scheduled to take place at India`s Buddh International Circuit on December 2.
Sanjay Sharma, Head-Motorsport, JK Tyre & Industries Limited said, "We hope that this move helps Armaan consolidate his next career move in the world of motor-racing. It will be a dream come true for a youngster to be finally racing in India in front of his family and supporters. We wish that this move will help him get closer to achieving his ultimate goals."
The FIA GT1 World Championship was launched in 2010 and is one of five FIA recognised world championships, alongside events such as Formula 1, World Rally and World Endurance Championship
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers