Armaan hoping to finish season on a high
New Delhi: Brimming with confidence after getting a pat on the back by Force India owner Vijay Mallya, India`s driver Armaan Ebrahim is targeting a strong performance in Barcelona to finish his F2 season on a high.
The 20-year-old Indian has impressed with regular top ten finishes so far this year and Mallya had recently listed Armaan as one of India `s best young prospects.
"It was a nice complement to hear my name mentioned by Vijay Mallya," Armaan said.
"I`m still very young and hopefully I can keep improving. I`m definitely keen to return next year but I want to impress and I`ll be targeting podiums and race victories for sure," he added.
Armaan encountered some car problems during his last race in Italy and was unable to finish in either race but Armaan insists the weekend is not weighing too heavily on his mind.
"Imola was a bad weekend for me but there`s no point dwelling on it. I had a bit of bad luck but it`s behind me and I`m not thinking about it. Instead, I`m just hoping to finish the season on a high with a good result at Barcelona.”
"One of the problems this year has been that all the circuits were new to me. Experience of the circuits certainly helps - for example my two best qualifying results have come at Donington Park, a circuit I have raced at before.”
"Over the weekend I am able to learn the track better and I think that shows in my race pace. Hopefully everything will come together in Barcelona and I can end my season on a real positive," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter