Armaan scores points at Brands Hatch
Brands Hatch (UK): India`s Armaan Ebrahim ended his points drought with a ninth place finish in the ninth round of the FIA Formula 2 Championship on Saturday.
Starting 15th on the grid, the 22-year old Armaan quickly gained places to move to ninth where he stayed to score two points and take his tally to eight in the championship.
Armaan, who had picked up six points by finishing seventh in the second round at Silverstone in April, said, "I am pleased that I picked up some points.”
“We had an issue with the turbo which we changed last evening after the free practice session and it made some difference to my straight-line speed that I didn`t have in the previous rounds.”
"Going into the qualifying, we made a mistake of running the new tyres on low pressure, something we won`t repeat tomorrow for the second qualifying.”
“I started in a funny position on the grid because of the slope. I lost a couple of places at the start but made places thereafter.”
"Overall, it was a consistent performance during the race and I look forward to getting into the top half on Sunday. The car feels good and I am hoping for the best," said Armaan who is being sponsored by JK Tyre, Amaron and Trimex.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket