Armaan scores points at Brands Hatch
Brands Hatch (UK): India`s Armaan Ebrahim ended his points drought with a ninth place finish in the ninth round of the FIA Formula 2 Championship on Saturday.
Starting 15th on the grid, the 22-year old Armaan quickly gained places to move to ninth where he stayed to score two points and take his tally to eight in the championship.
Armaan, who had picked up six points by finishing seventh in the second round at Silverstone in April, said, "I am pleased that I picked up some points.”
“We had an issue with the turbo which we changed last evening after the free practice session and it made some difference to my straight-line speed that I didn`t have in the previous rounds.”
"Going into the qualifying, we made a mistake of running the new tyres on low pressure, something we won`t repeat tomorrow for the second qualifying.”
“I started in a funny position on the grid because of the slope. I lost a couple of places at the start but made places thereafter.”
"Overall, it was a consistent performance during the race and I look forward to getting into the top half on Sunday. The car feels good and I am hoping for the best," said Armaan who is being sponsored by JK Tyre, Amaron and Trimex.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Romantic Italian vacation! Love is in the air for Ruslaan Mumtaz and Nirali – See pics
- Bombay High Court quashes FIR against Sussanne Khan
- US asks Pakistan not to discriminate among terrorists
- CMs to make presentation on their ambitious schemes in BJP meet today
- Chilli-based PAVA shells may replace pellet guns in Jammu and Kashmir