Aspar to use Mahindra bikes from 2015 in Moto3
Hohenstein-Ernstthal, Germany: Mahindra Racing has announced that Jorge Martinez’s Aspar team will use their bike - the MGP3O - in the 2015 Moto3 World Championship.
The team will also run two riders on the Mahindra bike in the FIM CEV International Championship.
As a rider, Martínez, nicknamed Aspar, won four World Championships, a feat he has replicated as a team owner since forming his own team in 1992. The team currently operates in all three MotoGP classes.
“I have been impressed with Mahindra’s attitude and commitment since they entered World Championship motorcycle racing. Mahindra is a huge company and it has a lot of ambition and desire to win. Their bike is getting better with each race this year and we are all looking forward to working with them," said Martinez.
No announcement has yet been made on the rider line-ups for 2015 but Mahindra Racing CEO Mufaddal Choonia is confident that the addition of Aspar to the Mahindra family will attract even more talent.
“The Aspar team has discovered some great talent over the years and the Aspar-Mahindra combination should prove popular with talented riders in Moto3. I’m confident that we can provide them with a very competitive package in 2015,” said Choonia.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata