At 80, Ecclestone wants to rule Formula One for another 10 years
London: Formula One supremo Bernie Ecclestone, who will turn 80 next week, has said that he expects to rule the sport for another 10 years.
When asked if he saw himself as the F1 chief for another 10 years, Ecclestone said" "Yes! The way I feel at the moment, why stop? I do it because I enjoy it. And yesterday is gone. I don`t care what happened yesterday."
"Hopefully I`ll make it. What`s the difference being 79 one day and 80 the next? It`s the same," he added.
Ecclestone further reiterated that he wants to reshape F1 by moving into countries with no previous tradition of racing.
"We`re a world championship and so, by definition, we need to be in different parts of the world. In the end common sense has prevailed and we`ve expanded. It`s just having the courage to do it," the Guardian quoted Ecclestone, as saying.
Next year an Indian grand prix will be added to the F1 circus, while a new race in Texas has been confirmed for 2012 and Russia will join the roster in 2014.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation